Private Road Works

At times, private persons may find it desirable to have Council provide a private works service. Applications for private works performed by Council can be requested by contacting Councils’ Engineering Department on 02 6959 5510.

Private works using Council equipment and personnel are only permissible if they do not cause a disruption to the progress of Council's own Works Program and it is assessed that the plant available is suitable for the proposed work or conditions. Council's Works Manager will make this determination.

For the private works to proceed, the Private Works Authorisation must be completed, referenced to the relevant quotation and signed by the customer.

Works will only be programmed after a completed Works Authorisation Form and payment in full is received and processed by Council.

Private Works or Hiring out not "Core" business

It is recognised that undertaking private works or hiring out Council owned plant, equipment or vehicles to the public - is NOT "core business". Council's "core business" is the maintenance of road assets and the construction of capital roadworks for Council, Roads and Maritime Services and others under contract.


Monthly Council updates: